Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Why is he doing that?

I am currently taking a Bible History and Literature class to fullfill a humanities credit. I like to discuss what I leard to the people around me and I suppose I sometimes inspire other to read, or investigate something.

As I was discussing this class to one of my friends online, i saw out of the corner of my eye my boyfriend flipping through the pages of my Bible. Let it be known that I am not a deeply religious person by any means. The friend I was talking to kind of is, on the basis of his past. I think he has gained a greater respect for religion since his mother's passing this past Christmas time. But since he was so interested in my class i sent him the materials that I have to read for him to look through.

12:28 AM

My boyfriend is still flipping through the Bible while I am trying to fall asleep.

He says aloud, "I don't know why but this certain verse has been stuck in my head today."
I look up and see that he is holding my Bible with the front cover wrapped tightly around the spine for easier holding. As he reads the scripture I want so badly to make him stop. "Stop doing that to my book, your break the spine or even worse, bend the cover!!!" I think to myself.

i was vaguely paying attention to him as he read, but I was familar with the verse and I told him that it was very inspirational and that we should sleep. He continued to stare at the pages and as he does he tightens the cover around the spine. I wince inwardly at the sight of this.

What is interesting about this situation is that if you know me and my boyfriend you would understand that this is not the way this gernerally occur in our house. I am the messy clumsy one and he is the one who believes who heartedly that everything we own has a specific place and why on Earth would we ever move it to someplace new and not put it back. There are few things in life that I would like to be prestine, my hair, my bag (I always have a messenger bag at all times-currently a Tumi Flow Color:Moss), clothing, and my books.

I was relieved once he finally stood up and put the book back on the shelf in the next room over. When he came to be and shut out the light, I had a sudden urge to go check on the damage and to make sure that when he returned it to the shelf the corners of the cover were not bent by the other books. At this same instant I was reminded of my Chemistry lab that I have in 2 hours and the quizes that will take place in said lab. I allowed my responsibility win and I followed suit with his heavy breathing and drifted to sleep.


THE POINT:

Well I am not sure that there is one, but I do belive I have a version of ADD in which i am constantly confronted with new thoughts that lead me to other non related thoughts and ultimately I am forced off the course in which i was headed. Another example of this is the blog entry I am writting right now, i was studying, was reminded of the quiz which made me think of the event with the boyfriend, which ultimately made me want to write, which is now wasting my study time.


Until my next great distraction.

No comments: