Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Other Side of Friendship

I was thinking this morning about how I want friends, see my other post entitled, For Better or for Worse.

I was thinking about my motivations for wanting friends, and I see that they are genuine yet incomplete. There is another more selfish reason that I want to have a person who i can call a friend...

I want to feel needed by someone, who is not my partner. I want someone to want my advice, to hold thier hand in times when they need it, and trust me to care for them no matter what.


I am feeling more and more that San Francisco has no people like that for me. All the people I have met in the past 3 years have given me nothing much more than their phone number, which I never use because I know, from experience, they either don't answer...or are busy.

I feel more and more each day like coming here was a mistake.

No comments: